Ok, so I wrote day 1 and day 2 on the same day. That's because I decided to do this blog a day late...LOL
So yesterday was hard. Anytime people make a change that isn't what we are used to, it is hard. But the bottom line is, 'how bad do you want it?'
Of course I say that tounge in cheek because dieting and changing your eating is unlike any other kind of addiction. I know because I am an ex-smoker and ex-drinker. It was really hard to give up both of those. But the difference is that I didn't NEED to smoke to live, and didn't NEED to have alcohol to live.
Food is different because we need food to live. I also have learned a bit more about my body. Hunger and cravings are two totally different monsters. I actually am not as concerned about hunger because I can always quell that with some kind of vegetable or a salad. No, it is the cravings that get me.
I crave carbs...cookies and fried chicken are my weakness. Any kind of cookies, but mostly chocolate chip. Fried chicken...of any kind, is ok with me.
The day before I started this plan I am on now, I went and had a basic cheeseburger and fries, both of which are not on the plan. I relished the taste knowing that I would not be eating them except on the rare occasion that I may not eat much else the rest of the day.
So for me, it is the craving of certain foods that I am working towards learning how to stop. Taking it one day at a time.
0 comments